"Fashion is the physical manifestation of who you are"

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Lunch Time Adventures


Wearing:

Studded Blouse: Forever 21 | Printed Trousers: Forever 21 | Sandals: Forever 21 
Purse: Chanel | Rings: Etsy | Flower Cuff: J. Crew | Gold Watch: Michael Kors 
Sunnies: Gap 










Ever have a group friends that just, get it. 

Considering I live at home with 3 of my best friends [being my sisters] I have always had tremendous difficulty maintaining female friendships. Women are tough to deal with -- they can be viscous and mean and catty. This type of behavior is typical amongst sisters -- so not a second thought is given.

 But when raised among sisters who do not tolerate this behavior from others "outside the pack" -- things become complicated and difficult when attempting to make "friends" (never thought I would actually need those). 

But oddly enough, even those of use who are constantly surrounded by women -- we still need girlfriends. Women you can share your day with and cultivate a mutual bond . Women who you can vent your frustrations and who will laugh with you ||not at you||. These type of women are hard to come by. There are so many differing factions of women, that sometimes it's hard to find your niche.

So for years I got used to the quiet solitude of just myself and my sisters (which is by no means quiet). But you can't be alone forever. Every woman needs to have her friends of the female variety. 

I seem to have collected an eclectic mix of girlfriends. But each of these women brings something valuable to the table, and together we make our own little group of misfits. 

{Not quite here, but not quite there} 

We understand each other -- although we all come from different backgrounds. We genuinely enjoy our time together and can easily pass hours with just simple conversation and deep-throated laughter (the kind that bubbles up and comes bursting out -- uncontrollably). 

You guys make me feel normal. You make me feel as though maybe, {just maybe} things aren't as bad as they seem. That maybe I do have my own niche -- I just had bring it together myself. 

Our lunch time adventures have come to be {easily} my favorite part of the day. 





Life is simpler. 

{Easier || Better}

With each of you. 

xoxo

Plum 




Currently Listening To: Drake -- Make Me Proud
Currently Reading: Nathaniel Hawthorne Young Goodman Brown 

No comments:

Post a Comment