"Fashion is the physical manifestation of who you are"

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Seeing Stripes


Wearing

Black Top & Striped Pencil Skirt: The Limited | Purse & Watch: Michael Kors | Black Pumps: Steve Madeen | Statement Chain: J. Crew | Sunnies: Gap Inc. | Assorted Ring Stack: Henri Bendel | Assorted Bracelets: Various Designers 











For months I have felt as though a piece of me has been missing. This hole that seemed to ache from the bottom of my heart was due to the loss of my long time friend and love -- JR. 

I have mourned his loss for so long I began to feel as though I was adrift in the sea of his memories. He was my whole life, and suddenly he was taken from me. With no time to cope or deal, I had to face the harsh reality of his loss. No amount of time, effort, or tears will ever help to heal the hole that he left behind. 

But Pepper? 

She can make the dark days seem just that much brighter. She gives me purpose and life. She makes me feel as though I can continue to love. As though JR will always own a piece of my heart, but there are still other pieces to be dealt. Other little furry creatures which deserve to be loved and spoiled in the same manner. 

And so, slowly -- the pain of the loss eases. Light begins to shine in where you otherwise thought the darkness had completely taken over. She is the light, and without her I would continue to wander with no real purpose. 

She feels like the bright warmth of the sun, after spending months in the dismal winter. 




xoxo 

Plum 

Currently Listening To: Maroon 5 -- Better That We Break 
Currently Reading: W. H. Auden September 1, 1939 









No comments:

Post a Comment