"Fashion is the physical manifestation of who you are"

Monday, March 31, 2014

Stripes & Florals


Wearing

Navy Sweater: Old Navy | Striped Pants: The Limited | Floral Statement Chain: J. Crew | Sandals: Nine West | Bold Lip: Buxom Swinger | LOVE Ring Stack: Jewel Mint | Gold Watch: Michael Kors | Purse: Marc by Marc Jacobs | Sunnies: Gap Inc. 












Ever have those days where you just feel so ordinary? 

As though you're just another one of thousands? 

That's how I've been feeling lately. As though I'm just another faceless drone out there in the masses. Struggling to make a name for herself. 

I've heard {numerous times} from various professors, that writer's have one simple purpose when putting words to paper -- and it's to know that we're not alone in what we think or feel. The simple process of translating a mental message, to a physical one gives us the opportunity to share our thoughts, in hopes that we can connect with others who might share our opinions or beliefs. We can track these thoughts over centuries -- starting from the moment in which written language began. In the end, writers have one simple purpose -- we want to know we're not alone. 

We want to hear from others in order to seek the comfort of those who share our beliefs. 

My entire life I've been seeking solace in others. I've been wondering if I am the only one who thinks, acts, or speaks the way I do. I've become so quintessentially myself, I find difficulty connecting with those closest to me. I'm not sure they understand the half of what I think, do or say. 

In the end it's always the same question: 

{ Am I alone? }

Are there others out there who feel the same love and passion as I do? Do they act out on their passions the way I do? And more importantly, how do they make connections with the world around them? How do they maintain these connections? These small pieces of themselves they cannot recover -- as they are now a part of something bigger. Some larger scheme; grander than the mundane ordinary existence. 

Writer's have the tendency to express themselves in a way which can transcend the space/time continuum. They can write not only for current generations and events, but for those of past or future moments as well. They can connect with readers across all generations, cultures, and beliefs. They're words will outlive their time. 


{The goal is not to live forever, it is to create something that will}



xoxo

Plum 



Currently Listening To: Forever the Sickest Kids -- Believe Me, I'm Lying  
Currently Reading: Walcott Ruins of a Great House

No comments:

Post a Comment