"Fashion is the physical manifestation of who you are"

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Only the truth, the whole truth & nothing but the truth.



Ever wonder what your life would be like had you made different choices? Where would you be? What would your life be like? I find myself pondering life’s small moments at odd intervals throughout the day. What if I had never tumbled down Alice’s dark rabbit hole – into a world of untold mental misery? What if I had not recovered from those dark moments, and instead found myself falling so deep under, the surface would never be found? Where would I be without what I now refer to as “my support system”?

Writing has always been my niche. The one place where I can be completely myself and not worry about others. Writing is the place where I can express myself completely in a way that is easily understandable to others (if you heard me speak this would make sense to you). Writing is my therapy, and life is my muse.

I remember 3rd grade when my reading level began to advance at a faster rate than my fellow classmates. My love for books and storytelling outcasted me from the others, and turned me into an introvert. I was afraid to express my love of books or writing for fear of judgment or being labeled negatively. It wasn't until high school that I was able to break this mold I had forced unto myself. And yet as the years passed, this love did not fade nor diminish. It simply grew {quietly} in the small corners of my mind. I have always had love for other hobbies and past times, but at the end of the day one thing has always stuck – my love for the literary arts and being able to produce my own words and works.

Several times I have been encouraged by various members of my family to produce my own work and titles in order to pursue having them published. But I've always found expressing my thoughts, works, and words to be an extremely personal matter. When I write, the words come from the darkest reaches of my mind (which I have come to realize is a different entity from who I am – more on this later). But my writing is the literary expression of my soul. It has come to define who I am and who I wish to be. My deepest secrets, wants, and fears; and as such sharing these inner words is downright scary.

And then I discovered fashion. I can see now how my previous blog posts have been given the wrong literary aspects. The words produced were not those of my own, they were generic and average in which I failed to express myself. Fashion has allowed me to make a statement of who I am, who I wish to be – and as such this is physically manifested by what I choose to wear and how I choose to style myself. I take great pride in choosing different pieces to add to my closet. Each of these pieces represents a small part of who I have grown to be. My wardrobe expresses the woman I have become, to the physical world around me. I've spent many dark years learning who I am and coming to terms with many of the blows I have been dealt. It is only now, that I have left behind this dark tunnel, and have come to realize these “blows” were actually saving graces, as they made me who I am today.

My take on fashion? It’s philosophical.

From this moment forward I solemnly swear to be brutally honest about whom I am, and how my style choices represent me and the paths I've chosen to take. I promise to share with you the stories of how I conquered some of the darkest moments of my life, some of the eccentric memories which have helped me to grow both personally and morally. I promise to provide the same love and support I received over the years – which has allowed me to become comfortable in my own skin, regardless of the circumstance.

I promise to be me, and no other.

Love,

Jess<3


p.s I look forward to each and every adventure this endeavor might take me on. And hope to share these small moments with each of you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment