"Fashion is the physical manifestation of who you are"

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Walk in the Park


Wearing

White Cashmere Sweater: The Gap | Blue Skinnie Minnie: The Gap | Statement Chain: J. Crew | Ring Stack: Henri Bendel | Belt: Forever 21 | Cognac Pumps: Steve Madden | Gold Watch: Michael Kors | Bracelet: Gigglosophy 
















Valentines is on the horizon. 

We can all see it approaching, and instead of trying to keep calm in the wake of a love(ly) holiday -- there seems to be a  kind of frenzied energy in the air. Questions swirl around: Where are you going? What are your plans? What did you buy him? 

What if I don't want to celebrate this holiday as all others do? What if I simply want peace and tranquility on a holiday that is full of disappointments and let downs. You expect too much, and your standards are set too high because of the momentum building with each passing day. 

What if I just want simplicity. 

Peace. 

{ & }

Love. 

What if I just want to spend my Friday night as I do all others. With a simple dinner and Netflix. Sometimes  it feels like my boyfriend and I have turned into an old married couple. Who stay in on the weekends and simply enjoy the quiet solitude of each others company. But that is exactly what I want. I want to spend the quiet hours before night enjoying his company, and simply enjoy the quiet solitude that is him. His steady presence and the simple fact that he loves me. Not just on one day -- but every day of the year, for the last ten years. I don't need him to prove his  love on one day, as he has done so in numerous ways. 

So on Valentine's Day, what do I want? 

I want to stay in, and avoid the hordes of dinner goers and romantics. 
I want to enjoy the quiet solitude of our rooms, and the life we've built together therein. 
I simply want you, from this day forward. 

Now & Forever. 



Until next time friends <3 


xoxo 

Plum 




Currently Listening To: John Mayer -- Slow Dancing in a Burning Room
Currently Reading: T.S. Eliot The Waste Land 

No comments:

Post a Comment