"Fashion is the physical manifestation of who you are"

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Got the Blues for Red


Wearing

Blue Pattern Pants: Forever 21 | Grey Sweater Shirt: The Limited | Statement Chain: J. Crew | Ring: Coach | Gold Bracelet and Watch: Michael Kors | Black Optics: Ray Ban | White Pumps: Jessica Simpson | Polish: Essie Forever Yummy















New York Fashion Week has begun. There seems to be a frenzied excitement in the air as we all look forward to the Spring and Summer lines of our favorite designers. The over the top fashion shows, the after parties, and of course {the outfits}.

Some of my favorite bloggers have already touched down in New York – where temperatures are frigid. Reminds me of my first time visiting New York at the tender age of 14, where the temperature was at a cool 14ºF. How lovely {not}! I myself, am a tropical woman. Growing up in sunny Miami, FL there is not much need for coats, scarves, and sweaters. We do occasionally enjoy the low dip into the 40’s – but nowhere near as cold as temps up north.

Today’s post is dedicated to the frigid blues of the north, with a touch a red for the hot tropics. Interesting, isn't it? How two primary colors can accentuate each other in such a way. As always there must be a pattern and/or texture added to the ensemble.

My pants?

Silky smooth, delicious material you simply want to live and breathe in. Forever.
Paired with a light grey sweater/shirt & classic white pumps – gives off the perfect look and feel for a hot South Florida day.

 {And trust me, it was hot!}

My chain?

An ode to the simple (yet complex) looks of pearls – always my favorite. This piece is from the J. Crew Collection, which just so happens to be my all-time favorite place to buy my chains.

And the red?

A touch of me, in everything that I do. Red is my statement go-to color. I was conflicted at first in incorporating such a mix. However, upon further perusal it was clear that it worked – and made the ‘me’ shine through. 


xoxo 

Plum 


Currently Listening To: One Republic - Native 
Currently Reading: Great Expectations by Charles Dickens 

No comments:

Post a Comment