"Fashion is the physical manifestation of who you are"

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Taco Rico


Wearing:

Blazer, Dress, & Tights: The Limited | Statement Chain: Bauble Bar | Pumps: Steve Madden | Watch: Michael Kors | Ring Stack: Henri Bendel 




















Lunch served at Taco Rico in the heart of Doral. Chicken Enchiladas {yum} with refried beans and Mexican rice. Soft Taco on the side. Served with Chips & Salsa.




I've gotten into the habit of working on personal endeavors during the hours of my lunch. 

{There is no rest for the determined}

Currently, I work as a Technical Writer in one of America's up and coming Health Insurance Agencies. From Monday thru Friday I am a corporate drone and I perform my duties according to the laws and ordinances placed upon the health care system in the States. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I spend my nights in school & this semester? 

{Linguistics and Modern British Poetry}

I am currently 6 credits shy of achieving my Bachelors in English Literature. And after spending the last 8 years wandering through life wondering where I would end up, and what course my life would take...

I have discovered the beauty of IT. 
{Information Technology} 

And the beauty of my position within this department? All I have to do is write and create documents all day. My own personal niche within Corporate America. It's as though after all these years, my questions have been answered. My position allows me the liberty of being able to enjoy my work, and pursue personal endeavors at the same time. 

It wasn't just my career or educational degree I was wondering about though. I wanted to know where my personal life would take me as well. What kind of woman would I turn out to be, and how would this influence those closest to me? 

I've learned that this choice is up to me. 

I can choose to be the woman I've always wanted to be, all I had to do was take a blind leap of faith and let it happen. My familial support system has helped me to conquer many of the demons of my past -- and this time around I had the added support of my best friend, as my boyfriend. 

He supports me and encourages me like not other & he honestly believes I am capable of conquering the world and the world's beyond. 

I heard once, that you become like the 5 people you spend the most time with. If I acquire the qualities of patience, unconditional love, and perseverance of my boyfriend, sisters, and mother -- then it's true that I could quite possibly do anything I so choose. 



xoxo 

Plum 



Currently Listening To: Lorde -- White Teeth Teens
Currently Reading: Ezra Pound Hugh Selwyn Mauberly 

No comments:

Post a Comment