"Fashion is the physical manifestation of who you are"

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Blurred Lines


Wearing

Crepe Pants: Old Navy | Blouse: The Limited | White Pumps: Jessica Simpson | Statement Chain: J. Crew | Assorted Arm Party: various designers | Ring Stack: Henri Bendel | Gold Ring: Coach










So I have no idea what happened to my camera. However, the outfit was too good to pass up and the bright South Florida day was just too tempting. The blurred lines seem to add an overall different kind of effect. 

I've always been hesitant in mixing red, whites, and blues {for obvious reasons} but the color combo with the mix of patterns and pearls was an altogether different type of red white and blue that I could deal with, without feeling like a walking flag.

The crepe pants are a recent edition to The Closet, and so far they are {amaze balls}. They're comfy and loose fitting, but also extremely versatile. I've been able to match them for casual outings, office attire, and even for day to night kind of looks. If you know how to pair them, they work. This particular look is comfortable, but still gives the air of professionalism required in the office settings of Corporate America. 

My boyfriend made this comment when I was getting dressed earlier: 
"I don't remember the last time I saw you in something solid colored" 

Prints are my thing. 
{The louder the better.}

The more eccentric the pattern, the more I seem to obsess over the print. If I can pair it with a statement chain, and a pair of heels -- I've fallen in love<3 I don't understand my attraction to prints, the only thing I can say on the topic is: It defines me in a way words cannot. 

Pairing the chaotic prints with solids and accessories, seems to bring out my inner confidence. The louder my print choice, the happier my day is. 


Until next time friends <3 


p.s the groundhog predicted 6 more weeks of winter, but in Florida I believe {summer} has arrived. 




xoxo 

Plum 


Currently Listening To: Lorde - Guts and Glory 
Currently Reading: Yeats The Second Coming

No comments:

Post a Comment